We pride ourselves on providing comprehensive care for young eyes.
At Airedale Opticians we treat children’s eye checks with the same importance as adult eye examinations.
- Extended testing times – allowing extra time to thoroughly check childrens eye health and where appropriate provide a long term management plan
- Specialist Myopia Control Clinic (Short-sighted) – To reduce the progression of short-sight with Ortho K, Contact Lenses or the latest spectacle lenses.
- Flexible format – we adjust the testing for the age and development of the child, making them comfortable and ensuring the best results.
- No minimum age – If you have concerns we can test children from any age. Using picture charts or other techniques.
- We have experience with seeing children with learning and developmental disabilities including non-verbal conditions.
- Supplementary Tests -Coloured Overlay Assessments including Visual Stress Testing (Myers-Irlen syndrome).
We are proud to carry the widest range of glasses for children in Keighley and Crosshills, with a wide variety of styles as well as designer ranges including RayBan & Oakley Youth.
We carry a selection of extra-small baby/paediatric fitting frames for very young children, including Tomato Spectacles. We welcome NHS Hospital Eyecare vouchers. Our Dispensing Opticians will be able to assist with choosing and fitting.
Contact Lenses for Children
We are experienced at teaching contact lens wear to children from a young age. We have a wide range of contact lenses available which are ideal for children, including speciality Myopia Control Misight Contact Lenses and Ortho-K lenses.
As every child is different – please ask for more details during an eye exam or call in with their prescription.
Sports and Speciality Eyewear
We can provide prescription sports and activity spectacles for all age-groups, including swimming goggles, Scuba Diving, Skiing, Squash, Shooting and more. Please contact us for more information.