New Dry Eye Treatment - IPL & LLLT
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)
Current treatments for Dry Eye treat the symptoms to enable you to be more comfortable. However, there is a now a treatment available which treats MGD (Meibomian Gland Dysfunction), the cause of up to 80% of dry eye cases.
IPL (Intense Pulse Light) treatment combined with LLLT (low level light therapy) is a pain-free and effective way to treat dry eye conditions related to MGD, improving tear quality and other symptoms reported by patients.
How Does IPL/LLLT Work?
IPL causes photocoagulation (it closes these abnormal vessels) and also photorejuvenation of the skin cells. IPL treatment also opens up the meibomian glands and liquifies of the oil within the glands.
How quickly does it work?
Dry Eye Assessment including Eye Examination £220
All treatments for dry eye including IPL/LLLT will only be performed after an Eye Examination (to rule out any other eye condition)
Dry Eye Assessment (If you have had a recent Eye Examination) £165
If you have had an Eye Examination dated in the last 6 months - please bring the prescription with you
IPL & LLLT Treatment - £795
4 Sessions of IPL and LLLT Treatment including Meibomian Gland Expression
Subsequent IPL and LLLT One- Off Treatment £125
Following initial treatment of IPL and LLLT - This is the cost of one-off IPL/LLLT annual treatment.
Low Level Light Therapy Only £95
Cost of Low Level Light Therapy Red Mask
Pre and Post Treatment Precautions
- Do not take photo-sensitising drugs, or if they are essential, please inform your optometrist
- Do not expose yourself to the sun or apply self-tanning products 15-20 days before treatment.
- Do not perform chemical, physical or enzymatic peels before and during the period of treatment.
- If taking medications such as anti-inflammatories, anticoagulants, antibiotics and antihistamines, please notify the Optometrist.
- If you wear contact lenses, you should remove them before starting the treatment.
- After the treatment some slight redness may appear.
- It is recommended not to carry out other aesthetic medical procedures on the treated areas (but in general on the entire face) for the duration of the cycle.
- For at least 15 days after each session we suggest you to wear sunglasses.
- Apply sun block over the skin around the eyes and cheeks for at least 2 weeks after treatment